Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Mother Goose Olympics

I'm just going to go ahead and say it....I'm sure I'll be saying it again before the end of the school year....here it is.....Linden has the BEST kindergarten teacher EVER! There now I've said it!

I was a parent volunteer for the Mother Goose Olympics. There were a bunch of "Olympic" events, all themed around a Mother Goose rhyme, and after completing each event the kids got to add a star to their gold medal. The Olympics started off with the athletes marching into the library for the Opening Ceremonies, and then passing the Olympic Torch, and being awarded their Gold medals by their teachers. And then it was every team for themselves, we were off to compete. I thought they were all great, but I loved the "Jack jumped over the candlestick" event, where the kids really did have to hop over candlesticks, and the kids loved the "Humpty Dumpty had a great fall" where they got to roll down a little slide. We had a great team of Linden, Sarah, Sean, and Michael, and the kids all had a great time together. Kudo's to Mrs. Blank for such an enthusiastic curriculum for Kindergarten!












No comments: